We invite you to scroll through the following list of our legal services below and see if we can help you with your particular circumstances.
See our Employee Rights page for an overview, including:
If you believe your employer is not paying you correctly or not paying you for all hours worked, including overtime hours at overtime rates, or not allowing you to take meal or rest breaks, or if you have general questions and are not quite sure if you have a claim or not, please call our offices to discuss your circumstances with an experienced employment litigator.
– Wrongful Termination
- Failure to Accommodate
- Medical Condition (Cancer)
- National Origin/Ancestry
- Sexual Orientation
– Requests for Accommodation of Disability
– Employee/Independent Contractor Status Determinations
– Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Administrative Hearings and Processes
- EEO – Request for Informal Counseling / Formal Complaints
- Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB)
– State Personnel Board (SPB)
– California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board (CUIAB)
– Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
– Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
The Law Offices of Matthew G. English has experience litigating claims in a wide variety of administrative settings. Administrative hearings typically lack the rigorous evidentiary and procedural standards of court hearings and trials, however they offer their own set of advantages and often are the only forum available for certain claims. Hiring an attorney familiar with administrative law and the peculiarities of administrative hearings can mean the difference between success and defeat. If you have an administrative hearing or investigative process in your future, Call our offices today to discuss how we assist you.
– Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
– Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) (24 USCS 1400 et seq.)
– Due Process Hearings
– Expulsions / Student Discipline
– Lawsuits in State and Federal Court
– Contract Disputes
– Litigation Prevention / Dispute Resolution
– Small Business Employers
Civil Dispute Resolution
– Mediation – private and court-ordered – EEOC Mediation
Note: This is only a partial list of common claims. If you don’t see your particular circumstances reflected in the topics above but have an issue regarding your employment, your school, your business or your life that you believe could use the assistance of an attorney, please feel free to contact our offices. We can discretely discuss your circumstances and, as appropriate, arrange for a free initial consultation in our Mission Valley offices.